Project Partners: Strathcona County, Kiley Marchuk
- Outplantings were installed in upland riparian habitat, inundated shorelines, and novel island ecosystems
- Wide range of stock conditions included live stakes, bare root plugs, potted stock, and native grass seed
- 30,000 m2 of land naturalized in conventional terrestrial and aquatic habitats, and recently created island ecosystems create through geotechnical failure.
- Multiple treatments of Liquified Compost Extract (LCE) to ameliorate low nutrient, compact soil, and increase success of early plant establishment.
- Successful habitat enhancement through use of local (<10kms), native vegetative outplanting
- Slope and shoreline loss through sediment slumping was stabilized with revegetation. A combination of soil bioengineering, and bare root outplantings, using pioneering species were installed over a 36 month establishment period