Project Partners – Kerr Wood Leidal, BC Hydro, Bruce Van Calsteren
- Major riverbank reconstruction along the Columbia river, using biotic and abiotic solutions to restore bank stability and fish spawning habitat.
- Supply, construction, and installation of 11 separate log & boulder structures to increase large woody debris jam as habitat for fish species.
- Extensive sediment & erosion control features installed on river bank, including excavator boulder placement, seeded geotextile, live stake bioengineering, and both marsh bench and upslope riparian outplantings
- Pioneering native species used in slope stabilization were harvested <10kms from site to preserve seed provenance
- Works used truck and trailer transportation, PC 130 excavator for structural installation, and hand dig methods for all outplantings
- Over 18,000 native outplantings installed