Project Partners: City of Vancouver
- City of Vancouver cycling route upgrades included installation of portable planter boxes, and appropriate vegetation, throughout the core of downtown Vancouver to aid cyclist safety along common routes.
- Custom soil blend placed in over 250 planters, and over 2000 plants installed
- Mixed vegetation types installed included evergreen groundcover, sedges and sedums: Buxus sempervirens, Liriope muscari, Carex morrowii, Sedum spp
- All plant materials sourced from local nurseries (<50kms)
- Intensive monitoring, maintenance, movement, and irrigation continues for all planters
- Increased efficiency and safety of cycling routes throughout downtown Vancouver, while contributing to the Greenest City Action Plan