Project Partners – EBA Engineering, Derek Yin
- Roadside reclamation of borrow pits, using native plants species, for upgrades along Alberta highway 43
- Supply & installation of over 2700 outplantings of native grass, shrub, and tree species for lotic riparian habitat and upland forest environments.
- Works used truck and trailer transportation, all terrain vehicle (ATV) stock placement, PC 130 excavator and hand dig methods to complete installation
- All stock installed were locally sourced to ensure seed provenance (<50kms from site), and were native species in region of implementation
- Interspersion and installation of species has increased composition of early successional habitat throughout reclamation area.